Morsviazsputnik, the Russian operator of the INMARSAT mobile satellite communication system, provides a complex of various services in the field of communication and navigation, including mobile satellite communication services on all types of transport.
The enterprise has shore-based stations, located in the area of the city Nakhodka (Primorsk Territory) and settlement Narynka (Moscow Region), ground infrastructure for provision of mobile satellite communication services.
Morsviazsputnik, as an accounting authority registered in the International Telecommunication Union under code SU04, provides customer settlements for the INMARSAT communication services.
«Morsviazsputnik» participates in several international and national projects:
- COSPAS-SARSAT (search & rescue satellite system).
- GMDSS (global maritime distress and safety system) for the purpose of which we participate in realization of projects of development and operation of the objects ensuring navigation safety.
- SSAS (ship security alert system), intended for early alert of ship owners and federal authorities in the case of physical threat for the ship.
- OSDR (long-range ship identification and tracking system), developed according to the requirements of the International Convention for safety of life at sea. According to the Directive of the RF Government on the basis of Morsviazsputnik the national Russian center of OSDR system was formed as a part of the International OSDR system.
- The National center of state port control (Paris, Tokyo and Black Sea memorandums)
The enterprise participates in the development of the project of the complex integrated information system «MoRe».
The main purpose of the system «MoRe» is ensuring safe navigation and maritime traffic by data consolidation from various departmental information systems (more than 40 systems), and also of some third-party (including foreign) information systems.
Morsviazsputnik, mobile satellite communication operator, provides full range of broadband services of INMARSAT mobile satellite communication system, both to Russian and foreign subscribers.
Morsviazsputnik carries out delivery, installation, operation and warranty service of the INMARSAT satellite communication facilities. More than 30-year professional experience in the field of mobile satellite communication enables the enterprise to develop and offer users up-to-date solutions for all spheres of activity — from personal communication devices in the remote points of the country up to projects of transportation network monitoring.
We are the partners of such well-known companies specializing in sale of equipment and service as:
- Thrane & Thrane;
Shore earth station Nudol provides services of «Inmarsat-S» system, ensuring data message exchange with subscribers of data communication networks (X25, Internet) and Telex system via Inmarsat satellites. Shore earth station Nudol provides communication in three regions: East region of the Atlantic ocean (AOR-E), Indian ocean (IOR), Pacific ocean (POR), with access codes 117, 317 and 217, respectively. Shore earth station performs the following functions and operating modes:
- Mobile terminal Inmarsat-S — Internet (E-Mail)
- Internet — mobile terminal Inmarsat-S (E-Mail)
- Data transmission via X.25 network
- Telex, fax (in the direction «ship-to-shore» only), data transmission
- Delivery confirmation on mobile terminal
- Terminal «Inmarsat-S» — terminal «Inmarsat-S» ( «double hop»)
- RS232 dedicated channel (channel «point-to-point») for corporate clients
- Reception of distress signals and their transmission to the State marine rescue coordination center of State Marine Emergency Rescue Service of Russia.
- Shore earth station Nudol provides SafetyNet, FleetNet and monitoring modes.
The enterprise renders consultation services and carries out works on approval of types of the communication and navigation equipment in the system of RF Ministry of Transport and works on certification of this equipment.
Furthermore, the organization carries out frequency and license allotment maintenance of all systems, developed by Morsviazsputnik, renders consultation services concerning use of radio-frequency spectrum, development of communication systems and constructions and obtaining permissions for radioelectronic facilities use not only to the organizations relating to the transport branch, but also a wide range of interested organizations and companies.